To access the plate calculator, you can either go to the settings page -> calculators, or you can access it during an active workout.
So, in your workout, if you are logging a barbell exercise (or an exercise that doesn’t have the equipment specified) a small image will show up above your keyboard while updating the weight.
The picture will show how your bar should be loaded. By tapping it, you’ll open up the plate calculator in a new window.
You can customize your calculator in different kind of ways.
- Create different profiles so that you can switch depending on where you are training
- Tap the icon of a person with a small gear in front of it. Tap the green plus sign. Choose if you want to make a profile for kg or lb. Add/remove plates, barbells, and collars, see how below.
- Add/remove barbells to your profile
- When you have the profile you want to edit open, simply tap “+ Add barbell” in the list of barbells. If you want to remove one of the standard barbells in the profile, just tap the X to the right of that barbell.
- Add/remove different types of collars to your profile
- Go to the selected profile. Press “Add collar” and enter the weight of the collar. If you want to remove one of the standard collars in the profile, just tap the X to the right of that collar.
- Change the color of your plates
- We’ve chosen to give the plates the color we think is the most common, but are aware that it could vary from gym to gym, and therefore made it possible for you to change them. In your chosen profile – tap the colored circle of the plate you want to change, and choose your preferred color.
- Change collars
- Tap on the summary of your loading and swipe to the correct collar in the menu.
- Change barbell
- Tap on the summary of your loading and swipe to the correct barbell in the menu.
- Add/adjust the available plates in your gym
- To add New plates, go to your profile, and press “add plates”. Fill in the weight and the number of available plates.
- To adjust the number of your available plates, the plate you want to adjust – and change the number in the pop-up window.
Below, you can see the plates I’ve added to my profile called STK. As you can see, the standard plates don’t have any X-marks to the right. If you want to remove a standard plate from your profile, simply tap the chosen plate – and a pop-up window will show. Enter “0”, and the calculator won’t use those plates.
In the example below, I’ve created one profile for my regular gym and one for my home gym. The home gym is less equipped, so when I created that profile, I chose to edit out all 25, 15, and 2,5 plates. Just tap the picture of the plate you want to edit, and a pop-up will let you change the number of available plates. As you can see, the calculator will tell me how to load the bar with the available plates.
The plate calculator is still in its beta phase, and if you have any feedback, you are more than welcome to shoot us an email or comment below.